Pages

23 July 2012

Thousands of Words



I realized recently that I never put enough pictures on this Library Story blog of mine. Mostly I've used it for reflecting on the different aspects of Librarianship in another context. But it occurred to me that it might be helpful to share a few pictures. To show you about my life in Uganda and not just tell you about it, lest you think I was living in the bush, seeing giraffes every day. Admittedly, it's a very random selection but they are things that both show my life and my work. I know they're a bit overdue but better late than never, right? And if a picture's worth a thousand words, here are a lot of words. :)


You've seen these little guys before...Seme and Young.
They became 'regular' patrons...coming in to play games, color,
and play on the computers. The rule was: if they played quietly
and cleaned up after, they could stay. If not, they had to go.

Typical day in the library. Group studying with lots of books.

And you think your city has traffic jams. This is the area
I went to catch a taxi.


The RTC Library Book Truck. And Seme helping. :) It's fairly
simple compared to some book trucks I've seen in the US but
it gets the job done, which is the important part.


New computers! This year I installed and networked 5 of
these new-to-us laptops. Computers took up a lot of
my time in Uganda! But I learned so much!


A view from the back of the library...door is in the upper,
right-hand corner.


Dust! I was always cleaning up dust. Here's what I found
when I emptied some shelves. Yuck!



No comments:

Post a Comment